Theatrical poster to Love Hotel
|Directed by|| Shinji Sōmai|
|Produced by|| Yoshiyuki Unno|
|Written by|| Takashi Ishii|
|Cinematography|| Noboru Shinoda|
|Editing by|| Isao Tomita|
|Released||August 3, 1985|
|Running time||88 min.|
Love Hotel (ラブホテル) is a 1985 Roman Porno film directed by Shinji Sōmai and starring Noriko Hayami. Takashi Ishii's screenplay for this film is the first version of what he would eventually direct in 1988 as the film Angel Guts: Red Dizziness. The film won six awards at the Yokohama Film Festival: Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actor (Minori Terada), Best New Actress (Noriko Hayami), and Best Cinematography (Noboru Shinoda). Nikkatsu also gave the film its Best Film of the Year award.
Muraki is in debt after a business failure. When he is unable to pay his debtors, the loan sharks rape Muraki's wife. Remorseful and sick of his life, Muraki picks up a prostitute named Nami, and plans to commit suicide in a hotel room after having sex with her.
- Noriko Hayami (速水典子) ... 土屋名美
- Minori Terada ... 村木哲郎
- Kiriko Shimizu ... 村木良子
- Minobutaka Masuto (益富信孝) ... 太田清
- Rie Nakagawa (中川梨絵) ... 太田正代
- Toshinori Omi ... 助監督
- Ryō Kinomoto (木之元亮) ... ヤクザ風の男
- Masato Ibu ... タクシーの客
- Kōichi Satō (佐藤浩市) ... 若いタクシー運転手
- "Love Hotel (1985)" at the Internet Movie Database
- Weisser, Thomas and Yuko Mihara Weisser (1998). Japanese Cinema Encyclopedia: The Sex Films. Miami: Vital Books : Asian Cult Cinema Publications. p. 252. ISBN 1-889288-52-7.
- "ラブホテル" (in Japanese). Japanese Movie Database. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- "ラブホテル" (in Japanese). Kinema Jumpo. Retrieved 2011-02-06.